Avanesyan vs Kelly
Date: Saturday, Feb. 20
Start Time: 2:00 pm ET
Location: The SSE Arena, Wembley – London, England
TV: Sky Sports (UK)
The European welterweight title is on the line tonight as Josh Kelly takes a big step up and finally challenges champion David Avanesyan in a long-awaited clash at London’s SSE Arena, Wembley.
This bout is three years in the making and there is plenty of excitement regarding what should be an absolute cracker of a main event.
Undefeated 2016 Olympian Kelly is stepping back into the ring for the first time since December 2019, when he bounced back from his draw with Ray Robinson by outpointing Wiston Campos.
Avanesyan is a battle-hardened former WBA interim world champion who has previously fought the likes of “Sugar” Shane Mosley and Lamont Peterson, claiming the European belt against Kerman Lejarraga in September 2019.
AVID AVANESYAN RECORD AND BIO
- Nationality: Russian
- Date of birth: August 15, 1988
- Height: 5’8″
- Reach: 69″
- Total fights: 30
- Record: 26-3-1, 14 KOs
JOSH KELLY RECORD AND BIO
- Nationality: British
- Date of birth: March 7, 1994
- Height: 5’10”
- Reach: 72″
- Total fights: 11
- Record: 10-0-1, 6 KOs
Avanesyan vs Kelly Full Card (DAZN, 2:00 pm ET)
- David Avanesyan (26-3-1, 14 KO) vs Josh Kelly (10-0-1, 6 KO), welterweights, 12 rounds, for Avanesyan’s European title
- Florian Marku (7-0-1, 5 KO) vs Rylan Charlton (6-0-1, 3 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
- Robbie Davies Jr (20-2, 13 KO) vs Gabriel Valenzuela (22-2-1, 13 KO), junior welterweights, 10 rounds
- Johnny Fisher (debut) vs Matt Gordon (2-5-1, 0 KO), heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Jordan Gill (25-1, 7 KO) vs Cesar Juarez (25-9, 19 KO), featherweights, 10 round